|
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
at 7:01 PMYesterday, I took a bus home, 852 with two of my Mcms mates. We had a meeting on some camp, in collab with the MC of Nus. About the meeting all I can say now is erm.. *shake head*. Ok so we all went to eat after that at Al Azhar with the nice Mr Wan who made to trips to fetch the ladies from nus and to the eating place. Ok when I got up the bus, I had to pay cash because my ezlink was already -35cents. I knew before hand that I had to pay $1.70 fare but just to be doubly sure, I asked the bus driver. I: Khatib how much? BD: *Looks up and didnt say anything* I: *asked again* Go Khatib how much? BD: *repeats after me* Katik? *with the accent* I: Yes yes Khatib. OK ok Yishun how much? (Cos I thought Yishun is more common to the ears than KHatib) BD: *still giving that Selenge look and looking down at one of the machines they have and look up at me and shake the head.* I: ?"£$%&* *I just tossed the coins in* $1.70. BD: *Still staring in silence* I: *AAAAAaaaaaRRRrrrGGGhhhH* $1.70!! *Show hand signs of the number 1.70* BD: Waan Seevhennn? *With that accent again I : YES! BD: *Punched the button* I: *took the ticket and look at it : $1.60!* I give up. Marched down to where my friends were sitting, and I said out loud, 'Why do they hire China ppl?!!!!' Damn I was pissed. Why are they here in the first place? They think Singapore is only made up of chinese is it? Even the chinese here, don't even understand half of what those chinesians are speaking . I thought that GENERALLY its a requirement to be BILIGUAL in ENGLISH and MANDARIN(so common). N now YES they do speak mandarin, But what about ENGLISH?? Us, the minority is always being rejected for jobs with the template answer : Oh, we require mandarin speaking employee. Then if we take up mandarin (speaking) we get : Oh! we require both mandarin speaking AND WRITING. And now these foreigners can easily get the jobs without even meeting the MAIN requirement??? So much for I think if they were able to speak English, that wouldnt be SO BAD even though its bad enough that we'll be needing to compete with them for employment in our OWN country. It's already bad enough for us. They make it WORST.
+When all else fails, I turn to you+ |
The Duchess Twenty-two Fifteen September 1987 UOL Undergraduate Imam: Mumammad S.A.W ... more Wishlist Glass LakeHouse and Old English Concept Become skinny. Haa. Just kidding Prince Charming Fully independent Blogroll SIMCMS Afie Titli's Busy Kitchen Linkie Linkie ... more Tagboard Mewzik Archives June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 Credits © All Rights Reserved |